Screen Auckland works with valued industry partners across local, national and international screen industry commissions, associations and guilds.
- Film Auckland
Film Auckland is the voice of the screen industry across our region, representing the biggest concentration of screen industry activities in Aotearoa New Zealand. Formed in 2003, their membership includes industry leaders working across local and international screen productions, broadcasting, post-production, gaming production, education, and cutting-edge specialist fields.
Film Auckland play a key role in planning the sector’s direction, and provide liaison and strategic support to Screen Auckland.
- Regional Film Offices of New Zealand (RFONZ)
The national network of regional film offices (RFOs) across Aotearoa New Zealand. Screen Auckland is a member of this partnership ensuring coordination of activities and a collective voice to strengthen engagement.
RFONZ echoes the core objectives of the individual RFOs – attraction of screen business, talent and investment to New Zealand; sector support and development; and an open for business point of view.
RFONZ works on ongoing policy, advocacy and regulatory development in conjunction with industry, community and organisations critical to the growth of the New Zealand screen sector.
The RFONZ members are:
- Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI)
The Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) is a global non-profit organisation representing city, state, regional, provincial and national film commission members on six continents.
- New Zealand Film Commission (NZFC)
- Assists international production filming queries with options across Aotearoa New Zealand’s regions, talent, facilities and businesses; provide industry development programmes for filmmakers and the wider sector
- Advises on and administers the New Zealand Screen Production Rebate and official Co-Production agreements
- And runs Te Rautaki Māori championing Māori filmmaking in partnership with Māori film industry and filmmakers.
- Screen Industry guilds and associations
New Zealand has many industry guilds and organisations which support the careers of filmmakers, providing spaces for specialised craft training, career development and networking opportunities. They include:
- Directors and Editors Guild of New Zealand
- Women in Film and Television (WIFT) NZ
- Script to Screen
- The Screen Industry Guild of Aotearoa New Zealand
- New Zealand Cinematographers Society (NZCS)
- Ngā Aho Whakaari
- New Zealand Writers Guild
- Equity New Zealand
- Actors Agents Association of New Zealand (AAANZ)
- Advertising Producers Aotearoa (APA)
- Screen Music and Sound Guild of New Zealand
- Screen Production and Development Association (SPADA)
- Pan Asian Screen Collective (PASC)
- Pacific Island Screen Artists (PISA)
- Doc Edge
- New Zealand Game Developers Association
- Australia New Zealand Screen Association
- Aotearoa Screen Publicists Collective
- Visual Effects Professionals Guild
- Other partners
We also work with partners outside the industry to provide opportunities for the sector in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland.